السبت، 26 مارس 2011

From the memory of a ballerina

I haven't spoken about this subject a lot in the past three years,though I've been asked about it frequently.Ballet,my love and passion.Let me take you to where the story began,and go on from

there:D

My mom has always been fascinated by ballet. She liked checking the ballet shops,try on the shoes , see some of the ballerinas' rehearsals. She never had the chance to enter a ballet school but maintaned a general interest and went on attending ballet theaters and so

When I was around seven years old,she regestered my sister and I in a ballet class.My tutor was from belgium,and a professional ballerina.It was aclick from the start! I remained with the same tutor for 5 years,the fasciantion passed down from my mom. I remember her attending all our classes;every wednesday night and thursday morning;watching us from the class's window.She would point out our mistakes to us at home ,and tell us about things she noticed the tutor doing that we should work on.By the end of these 5 years I had been in the tiptoe level for two years.Ballet formed a huge part of my life.

At 11 years old,I switched to another center,this time to be taught by an old prema ballerina russian tutor.Those were probably the most boring times I've spent in ballet,but I would be ungrateful if I didn't say she polished my ballet dramatically.I had private classes,which meant a professional eye focusing on you ;three times a week now; for a whole hour.First half an hour was for classical ballet barre and the other half was for central adague.She taught me extreme ballet flexibility,I recall at some point doing an inverted box with my body !(as if i were in the circus!)

She taught me a lot and trained me a lot,concentrated my attention to the core of ballet training.

Two years of extensive ballet training as a teenager wasn't apealing ofcourse.So I left,and remained one year without any ballet training.

After that ,I went back to my old tutor.It felt as if I were home.familiar classmates,familiar routine.nice feeling.I remember working really hard at my return,because that one year rest had let me gain a lot of weight and lose my flexibility.I went on for another 4 years,in which I was an assitant ,had a barre adague solo,and was going to become a tutor.

At that point ,I decided to stop.I had religious reasons,and I started thinking of the end point I would like to reach with this.Stoping at age 18 seemed right ,especially that it synchronized with my school graduation.It all seemed the righr moment for exploring something new.

I am still mesmorised by ballerinas,theater and all that is related to ballet.I have a group of books which i've bought form different countries related to the subject.I am not as flexible and fit for it as before ofcourse,but I know the technique and appreciate seeing ballet danced .I have moments were I miss it,that makes me go visit my tutor and classmates.Sometimes,certain songs or moments leave me dancing improvised ballet in my room,but I guess that is just due to the fact that ballet is part of who I am:D! ..

هناك تعليقان (2):