الخميس، 26 مايو 2011

bye bye basic science

I finished my two years of basic science!Very weird!The doctors all said their farewells,cause from next year we will be in the hands of clinical doctors.A friend of mine asked me ,how does it feel?do you feel you know everything?I said: I know that I don't know!hehehe,it's true,a lot yet to be implemented when actually seeing and doing things and not just knwoing about it ,and with that the responsibility will keep on adding.

It is something I think about heavely every now and then,the patients and the lives I'll be responsible of.God be with us all:D


What did I gain from these last two years?

I gained weight :P,that's for sure! I was thinking about the things I've came out with beside the basic science information.


OBESITY IS THE FATHER OF DISEASES:S!<

I can say that my fear of obesity and chronic diseases has been deeply enforced.I want to have ;what we've been taught about;successful aging.I want to avoid and prevent myself from all the preventable chronic illnesses old people get,and that is something we all should be doing in our youth.I let myself in on books and shows regarding healthy lifestyles ,went back to doing sports and did some changes in my eating habits.


ORGANISE YOUR ENERGY:D!<

Three years ago,when I went for my university interview,the doctor asked me about a characteristic I had that would be benefitial for my life in medical school.I answered ,my good time management.She said something that I didn't really get back then nor in my PY ,I only understood it during the two years of medical school. She said:medical school doesn't need your time management alone,it needs you to organize and mange your energy!

Most of my first year at medical school I was exhausted,had a poor social life and didn't have time to take care of myself nor go sports or simply get away from the on going studies.

At the end of that year,I started balancing things,and gave everything a bit of my time and energy,nothing took something on the expense of the other.That was the point where I understood what she said,and till today Hamdu li Allah ,things have been on that track.

A balance between society,education and myself.



Ofcourse there are a whole bunch of ethics and communication skills that I've picked up along the way. Even trying learning methods, my friends and I never tried before,such as you tube and

searching the internet.


These are the things on the top of my mind,I deffinitly gained more than just that,special thanks to out dear doctors which were amazing,devoted and helpful with everyone at all times.

هناك تعليق واحد:

  1. from my experience,clinical years are easy and more enjoyable , don't worry (tomorrow is better

    ردحذف